Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Out of retirement

Okay, I'm back.
Have any of you ever experienced a prolonged sense of melancholy where the very sound of laughter comes as a banshee's screech to your ears and people bother you to a point of wishing yourself away into a cottage in Ireland by a lake where all you do is go fishing for your food, cut wood to make fires, drink tea, work in a garden, raise sheep, commune with ladybugs, and pray?
That last bit is probably just me.
However the rest of it is where I was for about a week. And unless anybody reading this is living in above mentioned cottage (if you are, shame on you for having a computer!), this feeling is pretty common. It's feels nice to wallow for a while but eventually you must return to the world. So I returned to the world. Let me just say, it is difficult getting adjusted.
Maybe it's February, maybe it's me (but it's probably them), but whatever he reason, this kind of thing happens in Seminary. As a 20 year old guppy in this large pond of life experiences I shall make a mental note to myself: Get used to it.

3 comments:

  1. It happens at 24 too, little bro. You're not alone :). Although if you're in my situation you can't wallow for too long because I got 15 kids I have to take care of and who are rarely NOT in the aforementioned state.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, we will, don't worry. Right Pete?

    ReplyDelete