Tuesday, December 1, 2015

A broken/rewritten Promise...

I made a New Year's resolution, which I made and broke two days ago. It is a New Year's resolution because Sunday was the first day of Advent, which is technically a new Liturgucal year in the Church. Hence, "New Year's resolution". The resolution? To faithfully post to my blog every day so as to maintain mental homeostasis. Well, here we are in day two of the new liturgical year and I have already broken it. So I have developed a compromise. I will faithfully post every week, rather than everyday...
Due to the massive lacuna in my postings, I will bring you up to speed:
I left school for the summer, I went to Texas for two months, I learned a bunch of Spanish, I came back from Texas, spent a week at home, began the new school year (as a senior in college), took classes, the Pope came and stayed at my school, I had midterms, kicked a pumpkin, went to NC and made tacos, came back to school, left for Thanksgiving break, saw my brother who is teaching in Mexico with the Legionaries of Christ, watched Quo Vadis two days in a row, came back to seminary, cut down two of the most Charlie Brown Christmas trees I have ever seen, I just ate three sugar cookies and now I am sitting in the library... where I was prior to the lacuna.
I understand. That's a lot to unpack, and I have been woefully negligent. But look at it this way: If I kept up to date with every little thing that happened to me over the summer over the summer and up to this point, I would have nothing to write about for these next few weeks.
I just wanted to let whomever stumbles upon this website know that I am still alive and intend to maintain regular contact with the cyberspace community from here on out.

Oh yeah, word of the day is lacuna which means a "blank space or a missing part"
see: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lacuna
 I learned that this semester... Yay, schooling...

No comments:

Post a Comment