Thursday, February 5, 2015

The skittle conundrum.

We can gain some knowledge of God by what we perceive in the world. Whether it is the beauty of nature, or the charity exercised by someone, we can see God's hand in most, if not all, things. However, there are times we see evil present (or good absent) in the world. Natural catastrophes, genocides, abortion, euthanasia, etc. And then there are those times when it is not evils that test one's faith, it is situations over which one has no control.
An example of this occurred as I was sitting here trying to think of what I was to post about. I entered into a dialogue with one of the library staff on skittle preferences. I love green skittles. Love 'em. The other flavours, I could do without, or at least make a different brand of candy with. Just change the slogan to "Taste stuff that's green", and you're all set. Another member of the staff came out of the break room and was like:"Hey, Bernetsky! There are some skittles in the break room if you want." Upon hearing this, I made all due haste to the break room (I am, after all, an employee) and nabbed a small "fun-sized" bag of skittles. I sat down at the computer again, ready to partake of the small, multicoloured delectables. I opened the bag. Inside were 2 purple, 1 red, 2 orange, and 10 yellow. Absolutely no green. God sought to test my faith in this way. My misfortune is probably lost upon most skittle-lovers out there, and you brave souls who have made it this far down the post are probably wondering why you wasted about 47 seconds of your life reading this. My point being, when we find ourselves in those "nobody's fault" situations, God gets us through it. For me, He gave me something random to post about. Thank you God.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, this is one of the most ingenious things you have posted so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Powerful and moving. A true inspiration"
    -Julia Marie Anne Bernetsky

    ReplyDelete