Saturday, February 7, 2015

A day of new experiences.

Well, I'm back from my innercity adventure, and I didn't get mugged! And guess what else... I have pictures.
Let's establish something here. I do not subscribe to the tourist stereotype. I cannot stand taking pictures of food or besmirching the timeless beauty of national landmarks with my mug. However, because I am attempting to make my blog suitable for human consumption, I bit the bullet and took pictures. What I want to know is how natives get away with taking pictures...
Our Saturdays here at seminary provide a plethora of opportunities. We have Mass at 8:00 am (which I woke up late to, by the way) and we are free to do as we please the rest of the day, provided we retain a semblance of decent conduct.
Anyways, after Mass a few of us (including 3 of the 4 "Peter"s here at seminary. I wasn't feeling very special), went to an authentic Columbian restaurant.
 This is what we started the meal off with. I thought at first they were small, deep fried, bananas. They were filled with meat and potatoes. I was very wrong. 
This was the main course. Needless to say it was all very good and I would not hesitate to go back again. So much for my Columbian experience.






Next, I went to the famous Philadelphia Art Museum. The one Sylvester Stalone jogged up and forever into history. Very bizarre. This is a picture of the front. This post was long enough. I'll stop. I've got some more pictures 'cause I finally found out how to get them on here. I'm good at internets.

3 comments: